"A rose by any other name would smell just as…
Between work, school, taking care of your home, errands, raising a family, and whatever else life throws at you, the days can get pretty packed to capacity. You may be running at warp speed right now, so with the lazy days of summer rolling in, you probably want to get away from it all.
If heading to the nearest warm weather destination isn’t in the cards for you right now, you have create your very own slaycation (because your slay doesn’t take a day off) to relax, relate and release without breaking your budget.
- Plan a meal using only fresh produce that’s in season right now- pineapple, strawberries, cucumber, zucchini, etc.
- Pay a visit to the areas that interest you in your neighborhood – museum, hiking trail, theater – act like a tourist.
- Choose a bold, summer palette for your next mani-pedi and lipstick purchase.
- Spend the entire day at the beach or at the pool.
- Hire someone to clean your home for you…including windows.
- Unleash your inner artist through painting, pottery, photography, let your creativity shine.
- Go glamping (glam-camping) in your backyard.
- Find someplace quiet and enjoy a 15-minute meditation session.
- Have a picnic in the park and do some people watching.
- Whip up your own spa products for a relaxing pampering session (rose water, bath salts, bath oil, body scrub).
- Ride a bike.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Put the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on your digital doorways. Just unplug.
- Plant something.
- Create your own personal film festival, choose a theme and build a playlist of the movies you want to watch.
- Take a walk and explore your neighborhood.
- Treat yourself to dinner at that restaurant you’ve been meaning to try.
- Host a sleepover with your girlfriends.
- Make your favorite dessert…and eat it for breakfast.
- Give yourself permission to do this again in 3 months. 🙂
The key to keeping your slay on 100 is giving yourself time to disconnect from the daily to-dos and give yourself time to recharge.How will you slay this summer?? Click To Tweet
Remember, you have the power to tackle whatever life throws at you!
If you want to let the world know exactly how much you slay on a daily basis, get your ‘Slay the Day’ tee from Mo’s #BabyStepstoGreatness Boutique to create the perfect slaycation look!
To your continuous slayage,