When was the last time you took a bath? Was it after a long, stressful day? Before what you anticipate to be a long, stressful day?
Have you thought about how what you put in your bath water can boost your health and wellness? Many know that Epsom salt is a go-to for sore muscles and achy joints, but adding baking soda and your favorite essential oil (lavender is a great choice) can elevate your soaking session to a full-fledged body boosting detox.
Check out a few of the benefits to adding Epsom salt/ baking soda combination to your bath, according to Dr. Michael Hyman’s book, “The Ultrasimple Diet” :
- Increased sweating and detoxification effect of the magnesium and sulfur in the epsom salt
- Magnesium combined with the hot water promotes relaxation and sleep
- Alkalinization of your body through the use of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), which promotes an ideal pH for healing, detoxification, and optimal cellular function
- Increased circulation and increased heart rate (exercising while relaxing!)
- Lowered blood pressure and blood sugar levels
Add lavender essential oil for this additional benefit:
- Relaxation of your nervous system and lowering of cortisol which promotes weight loss and reduces inflammation in the body
If you’re gonna take a bath anyway, why not get some extra benefits out of it??
Are you a bath taker? Tell us your go-to bath soak ingredients!
Is there somebody in your life that needs to r-e-l-a-x? Be a friend and share this post!