Honey is a natural humectant, and is full of antioxidants and nutrients that make it an awesome product choice in your hair and skin care regimen. In its purest form honey is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. Click To Tweet
The natural hydrating and anti-aging properties of honey attract, trap and seal moisture, rejuvenate the skin, cleanse the complexion leaving it soft and supple.
It’s no wonder we see tons of skin care products like bath and shower gels, face creams, moisturizers, body scrubs and even products for babies containing honey.
Here’s how you can treat yourself with honey at home:
- 4 tbsp of whole milk powder and 2 tbsp of honey make an excellent skin-softening bath.
- Mix 2 parts honey and 1 part baking soda and apply as a body exfoliant. Massage all over and rinse thoroughly.
- To make a moisturizing face mask, mix 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp oil (almond, jojoba, coconut…whatever floats your boat) and 1 tsp yoghurt. Apply on your face, neck and other parts of your body. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with water. You skin will feel moisturized and polished with tightened pores.
- Mix with coconut or jojoba oil and apply to skin as a cleanser. Massage into skin, avoiding eye area and rinse.
- Following your normal face cleansing routine, smear warmed honey on your face and leave on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and splash with cold water to seal your skin and trap the moisture.
- Mix ¼ cup of honey with enough fresh water to make a paste (add in little by little). After shampooing apply to damp hair and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- To boost moisture even more AND add shine to your hair, mix 1/4 cup of honey with warmed coconut or olive oil and apply to freshly shampooed hair. Let sit for up to 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Do you have any other DIY beauty recipes that contain honey??