Did you know that today is Earth Day? Today we…
Let’s keep it real – there’s a lot of 2016 residue left that might be threatening your “New Year, New You” attitude. Last year I unplugged more than I ever have, and I continue to guard my ears, eyes and heart to keep my space foolishness-free.
If you’re finding yourself struggling a bit with holding on to your balance so you can take things up a notch this year, I’ve got five tips to help you reset, renew and restore for 2017:
- Unplug. Make a decision to tune out on purpose, I promise you won’t miss much. The 24-hr news cycle is exhausting, consuming so much negativity weighs on your spirit, don’t do that to yourself. A digital detox is good for the sanity.
- Clear your space. Clutter makes things cluttered. If you’re finding it difficult to clear your head when you’re in your zen space, it may be time to get rid of some things, physically and mentally. Eliminate extras and allow yourself the room to focus on what’s most important.
- Change the rules. Dr. Phil says that you teach people how to treat you, and there’s no time like the present to shift the momentum in your favor. You have the power to dictate who and what comes into your space when.
- Find your squad. Do you have a support circle? A group of friends that you can keep it real with? If you don’t have one, find them ASAP. Those people will keep you out of jail, seriously…..
5. Practice self-care. Whether it’s a hot bath, prayer, walk, bike ride, boxing class, it doesn’t matter. Do whatever you need to do to keep your cup full! When you don’t take care of yourself you can’t take care of anyone or anything else. Make you a priority.
This year is about intentional action – intentionally putting you first so you can slay in everything else.
To living life in Confetti,