Hibiscus refers to a family of flowers known as Chinese rose, monarch rosemallow or Japanese lantern, and provides a variety of benefits for the hair.
Hibiscus is full of amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and alpha Hydroxy acids along with other nutrients.
The healthy hair benefits of hibiscus include:
- adds shine
- softening to boost manageability (easier detangling!!)
- conditioning to prevent dryness and premature hair fall
- natural color (can be mixed with henna)
Dried or ground up hibiscus petals can be added to shampoo, conditioner to boost its effects, or made into a paste for a deep conditioning mask.
If you’re not the DIY kinda person, check out these hibiscus-containing products that you can buy online or at your neighborhood drug store:
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Collection
- John Masters Organics Dry & Damaged Collecction
- EO Sulfate-free Coconut & Hibiscus Keratin Shampoo
Hibiscus is a natural hair care powerhouse that would be a great addition to your regimen. You can even make your own hair tea, see how Mo makes her lavender and rosemary blend in this video.Hibiscus is a natural hair care powerhouse that would be a great addition to your regimen. Click To Tweet
Curlfriends don’t let curlfriends be uninformed – share this info with your curly BFFs and let them know you care…about their hair :-).