Unless you've been under a rock somewhere you know that…
The conditioning process is important in your cleansing regimen because it functions as the “closer” for your hair cuticle…it helps smooth hair strands to prevent moisture loss.
So, with conditioner being SO important what can you do if your product just isn’t giving you the results you want? With a few simple additions you can elevate your conditioner game.
Here are five ways to boost your hair conditioner:
1. Add Oil – Olive, coconut or castor oil are great choices to add for increased slip, which helps your detangling, and provides added moisture.
2. Add Honey – ggrreeatttt option for a moisture boost
3. Add Butter – particularly shea or cocoa butter can be mixed into your regular conditioner to thicken it and boost the moisturizing properties.
4. Add an Egg – mix in one egg for a protein boost to strengthen your strands
5. Add Heat – natural hair thrives in moist, damp environments and you can recreate this every time you condition your hair by steaming, sitting under a dryer with a plastic cap or wrapping a warm towel around your head. The heat ensures the best penetration of moisture and conditioning benefits.
We’re all about helping you get the most out of your natural hair products, and even if your most recent product purchase isn’t performing the way you thought it would, these easy additions might do the trick.